Scott Silverman has been hosting The Happy Hour Podcast since February 2020. You can look through his backlog of episodes to discover resources for drug addiction, hear stories from people in recovery, and learn how addiction affects loved ones. Scott’s podcast on addiction and recovery offers a different kind of happy hour, one that doesn’t involve sitting in a bar at 5 o’clock.
Recently, in an episode titled “A New Beginning,” Scott began a new format for his podcast, introducing podcaster and cinephile Fred Carroll as his new co-host. Together, they host another program called Ending The Stigma: A Path to Recovery. These two gentlemen feel very passionately about helping those struggling with substance use disorder, and they want to get the message out in every way possible that hope and help are out there.
So, what can you expect from Scott’s new podcast on addiction and recovery?
As Fred Carroll mentions, Ending the Stigma discusses mental health in a more general sense, but it also addresses addiction and homelessness. You can expect these topics to trickle over to the Happy Hour podcast because addiction, mental health, and homelessness are intertwined. Sometimes, it feels as if they are hopelessly intertwined, but that is precisely what Scott and Fred plan to counter.
End the stigma, end the cycle, and you will end the addiction crisis.
The Happy Hour podcast will discuss:
- Current events (i.e., the 5,000 lbs of meth that police seized in National City)
- Homelessness (SUD often results in a loss of income, and a loss of income, as well as a lack of affordable housing, contributes to the large number of homeless people in California.)
- Social services (“You can’t just throw somebody into a dwelling without the resources they need to survive.” – Scott H. Silverman)
- Interviews and conversations with people involved in the addiction and recovery circle, such as addicts, former addicts, counselors, legislators, and more
- Hard questions (Why aren’t there more resources for mental health, recovery assistance, and job coaching?)
- Drug education in schools
- The importance of passion in the recovery journey (Fred has a passion for cinematography, and Scott has dedicated his life to helping those struggling with substance use disorder.)
Scott and Fred look forward to welcoming the slew of guests in town for the Living Undeterred Tour on August 11th. On September 7th, Scott will be involved in the Recovery Happens rally outside the California State Capitol.
In short, many exciting things are happening in the world of recovery, and Scott and Fred can’t wait to blow addiction myths out of the water and help others get on the path to recovery.
“As long as you let us know you’re going to be serious about it, we’ll be serious about it.” -Fred Carroll
The Happy Hour Podcast is done on a volunteer basis, but the venture is too important for these gentlemen to let it fall by the wayside. Be sure to spread the word, help raise awareness, and end the stigma by listening to and sharing Scott and Fred’s podcast on addiction and recovery.
And remember that Scott’s phone line is always open. If you or a loved one is in a situation that has started to spiral, give him a call at 619-993-2738.
(c) 2022 Scott H Silverman. All Rights Reserved.